Thursday 26 August 2010

One Year On...




Hi folks.

I've got the computer situation sorted finally. I have a little netbook. It's a Windows environment, which I haven't used for about four years. Has Windows gotten better in the last four years, you ask? Nope. But I'm running Windows 7 Starter which seems fine and is far less a memory hog than the full version.


Today is the one year anniversary of my arrival in the UK. Hooray! I've enjoyed it and the UK government has seen fit to let me stay for two more years, at which time I'll apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. That sounds like mixed messages, doesn't it? Leave to remain? Huh? Another example of BritSpeak. There was one the other day, too, when my partner asked me if her car was centered in the parking place and I told her she needed to pull up about three feet. I meant pull forward and she thought I meant pull back. I couldn't figure out why she had reversed. We exchanged confused looks and then had a good laugh. It's never dull, except possibly for this particular blog. I apologize for the lapse in entries.

We are right in the middle of our move to Scotland. All our stuff is in store waiting for the removal man to load it on his truck. I'm looking forward to settling in to a quiet life in the village. After busy Canterbury I'm sure it will seem quiet in our little town even though we will basically be living right in the center of the High Street. I'll update you all on our adventures refurbishing the property and getting to know the locals.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews